30 September 2010

15x200m

The programme for the morning was 15x200m off 200m rest with each interval to be run in 43 seconds or less. This sounded straight-forward, especially since at the start of the training I was running 24 intervals at this speed.

I set out and ran a longer warm-up than usual as there weren't so many intervals to run. It was raining steadily and I was rather warm with a running top, a waterproof and a fluorescent jacket so that I don't get run over by a sleepy driver first thing in the morning. Despite the reduced number of intervals to be run, I can't say that I was looking forward to this. Thoughts of how I could never be bothered to run intervals by myself, first thing in the morning in the past filled my head and I was quite glad that I now have a strict programme to follow.

The intervals went as follows:

41, 42, 44, 42, 43, 42, 43, 40, 40, 40, 41, 41, 43, 38, 39

So fairly consistent and off a reduced recovery of 100m (around 35 - 39 seconds).

10km all up in 47:42 or an average of 4:44 per km. I can feel the tiredness in my legs accumulating from the marathon training now and how even easyish sessions like this morning's are harder and harder to manage.

Good start to the day - shame it went rapidly downhill when a car crash on the motorway made me take over 2 hours to get to work this morning.

No comments: