21 September 2010

Doubling up

Not content with my masochistic workout this morning I decided to leave work early and go running with the club to find companionship and solace.

On arrival, 15 minutes late, I ran towards the swimming pool hoping to catch the group returning from their warm-up. I was greeted as a hero, having beaten José by a good 17 minutes during the trail at the weekend. I was slightly abashed and had to explain that he was probably on an off day and I was just a little lucky (but it felt good nonetheless !!).

It was a track session and some short series were announced: 200; 300; 400; 500; 400; 300; 200 off 100m rest and 200m for the 400m and 500m intervals.

I decided that I would take it easy and not push at the front. I let a first group go including Gérald, Tom (new young guy), Bruno and Thierry. Bruno and Thierry started coming off the back of this first group and I was a little way behind just in front of Franck. We then ran the next few intervals together as a group of 4 and I blasted the last 200m just to see if I could still sprint after the trail work ;o).

Good session and then a warm-down with Laurence who arrived late too. Nico was on his own training for some Paris-Versailles race at the weekend and taking it very seriously. He has to beat 1:05:04 my time from last year which I achieved when I wasn't even trying. I think that he would like to get closer to the hour than this but he's going to have to push hard up La Cote des Gardes !

No comments: