11 September 2010

Preparation run

I'm preparing for the race tomorrow at Conflans. Normall y all the textbooks advise tapering before a race in order to rest the body so that it is perfectly ready for the event to be run. I looked at my blog from last year, the day prior to this very same race and saw that I'd run to Cora and back. So why not do the same this year ?

I met up with Nick and Nico, but they told me straight out that they were only going to run a short course of about 30 - 40 minutes. I think that Nico was very stressed about the race and didn't want to waver from his training programme which said that a 30' session was sufficient prior to a race. As his blog now states, he's lowered his expectations to a sub 37 race for the 10k and he's been a lot quieter of late about his chances of beating me !

I ran with both of them for a about 3k at a very easy pace (just under 10km/h) before leaving them and carrying on to Cora. I didn't run around the lake but back along the usual route, completing the 13k course in 1:06 or an average speed of 5:12. When I'm by myself, I just can't run as slowly as 10km/h and find that without concentrating I approach 4:45 pace or just under 13km/h.

Very easy run and looking forward to tomorrow's race just to see what I'm capable of at the moment.

No comments: