17 September 2010

Swedish recovery

Still in Stockholm this morning and since I only had a meeting at 9:00 am I was able to sleep in until 7:00 am - luxury !

The weather was better this morning as it was drier and slightly warmer. I was down for a recovery run before the trail run tomorrow in Fontainebleau. I just planned to run around the lake of Malaren and take it easy this morning.

I did just that and started easily, running the first km in 5:00 and then gradually sped up until I was at marathon pace by the end. Lovely relaxing run, admiring the multitude of Swedish female runners around the lake. Jogging is evidently the female sport of predilection in Sweden. Anyway, I'm not complaining as it was most pleasant for my eyes and made a nice change from seeing Nick and Nico ahead of me !

10.1k all up in 47:00 or an average of 4:40 per km.

No comments: