9 September 2010

Easy morning run

With the 10k race approaching fast, I didn't want to push it hard again this morning so I dropped the marathon training programme for the day (12x200m) and just took it easy around my usual route.

Nothing much to report except that even if I'd wanted to run harder I'd have found it very difficult. I imagined running a few fast stretches but after a first attempt beside the river, I gave that up as a lost job. So the run this morning went from 12km/h to 15km/h over the duration. A very slow start as the body gradually woke up and by the end I was beginning to feel fresher and had a little more spring in my legs. This means I'll probably need to run an 8k warm-up before the race!

10.3k all up in 48:30 or an average of 4:43 per km.

Rest day tomorrow and then another easy run on Saturday should see me in good stead for the race.

No comments: