23 September 2010

Injured

I don't know whether it was anything to do with the tough double session on Tuesday but yesterday everything seemed to go downhill.

I woke up fine after a good night's sleep and thought that the small pain in my neck that I've been suffering from since coming back from the US had finally gone. I arrived at work and my neck slowly began seizing up until at the end of the day my head was at 45° and every small movement was agony.

I've just come back from the chiropractor and he's massaged the area where the problem is and cracked a few bones in my back and I'll see if this has done the trick in a couple of days. I'll not run until Saturday when I'm doing a sprint triathlon.

The problem, apparently, has probably been caused either by stress or fatigue. Fatigue I can understand from my training schedule but stress ... I must be more concerned about realising a good time in this next marathon than I realised !

3 comments:

Gérald said...

It is can be so better. A little of rest. I also begin to tire (legs begin to be hard). All this is normal.

Nicolas said...

Hi James, wish you a quick recovery... By the way, you told me about a website where we could find Conflan's picture; have you got the link?
See you
Nico

James said...

Still a bit stiff this morning but it didn't stop me taking part in a triathlon. The swim was a killer and I was hurting in the pool doing breaststroke.
I looked for the Conflan pictures 'Pixels78' but it looks as though they've been removed. Only souvenir is the 2 I pinched last year and that are now posted on my blog. I think we can see you in the background ;)