8 September 2010

Recovery run

After 2 sessions yesterday, it was time for a break and a relaxing recovery run this morning.

I went outside to find a light drizzle falling although it was still fairly warm at around 14°C. The first couple of kilometres were hard going despite the snail pace I was running them at. It was only towards the racecourse that I began to feel better and relaxed thoroughly, enjoying the run and not bothering to look at the Garmin. In fact, it was very tempting to sneak a look every time it beeped to signal another kilometre, but I managed to resist temptation and not look once over the run. I was worried that if I saw that I was running at 5:00 per km pace, that I would try a little harder.

Not another runner in sight over the course, the drizzle had obviously put them off.

10.3k all up in 50:30 or an average of 4:53 per km. Told you it was relaxing.

No comments: