2 October 2010

Saturday run

The usual run to Cora again today with Nick for company. All our other running mates were busy, injured or away. It was nice to just chat to Nick easily and we ran easily at 4:40 pace to begin with, building to 4:30 pace by the time we got to Cora.

It was a warm morning, with a temperature hovering around 16°C. It also looked very dark and the risk of a sudden downpour was high. Both Nick and I had donned set seather gear to begin with but when the rain didn't materialise, we stripped these off as it was too warm. This may explain why I found the pace so tiring, but more likely are the late nights, lack of sleep, and high mileage I've been racking up lately.

Still the run was mostly uneventful until we crossed the railway line on the way home, after Pavillon de la Muette. I went to take a small path to the left and put my foot on a length of kerbing, only to find it slide away from under me and finding myself falling. I put out my hands to break my fall but I rolled over a couple of times before I came to a stop. Nothing hurt, except for the jarring in my neck which was not the ideal way to deal with my current problems here. Nick was impressed and after checking if I was alright mentioned how the fall was quite spectacular.

No more mishaps after this. 15km all up in 1:11 or an average pace of 4:46 per km.

No comments: