28 September 2010

8x800m

Skipped the run yesterday as I got to bed too late and was just too damn tired after the weekend. Weekends are supposed to be for relaxing but lately, I feel more tired after the weekend than before.

It was hard getting up this morning to go for the run. Interval sessions at 6:00am are not motivating and it was with great reluctance that I slipped my kit on and headed out of the door. After the first few steps though, I was pleased with how my new running shoes felt. They are definitely heavier than the race shoes (Brooks Racer ST2 and Saucony Kinvara) I have been using recently but they provide much more cushioning from the impact.

I went down to the Seine to run my usual route and this was the result:

2:45, 3:03, 3:00, 2:59, 2:58, 2:56, 3:03, 2:59

First interval was too short and I knew that the Garmin had shortened the distance as I ran this one. Second interval I had to slow down to let the traffic go by as I got to the roundabout. Seventh interval was slow as I was tired and it was very slightly uphill, dark... and that's enough excuses - I was just crap!

So an average speed of 2:59 for the series if I put the first interval at 3:00. Recovery of 300m which took me 2:00. At least it's over with and I can look forward to an easier recovery run tomorrow morning.

No comments: