21 September 2010

8x800m

There was a magazine article a few year's ago about how running 800m intervals was a fairly good indicator of your marathon time. The guy was called Bart Yasso and the article about this predictor can be found here: Yasso 800's.

Basically, I'm aiming to run a sub 3 hour marathon again and since I'd like to beat my record I've figured that 2:55 is a nice goal to aim for. This equates to just under 4:09 pace over the distance and is an achievable yet challenging goal. So according to Mr Yasso, I should be running my 800m intervals in 2:55 and that was the aim this morning.

So what happened:

3:00, 2:56, 2:57, 2:58, 2:57, 2:58, 3:01, 3:02

I have to admit that I was pretty disappointed when I saw these having got back home. But reasonably, I'm still not over the efforts from Saturday and my legs are still sore in the calves from the hills. I'm running by myself and it's bloody early in the morning. That's enough excuses, we want results as my mother would always tell me.

Look what I achieved in February on the track this year with Fabrice and Mireille: a good 10 seconds per interval faster. Going to bed now too depressed to write more ...

No comments: