7 September 2008

Sunday run

Met up with the crowd at the Church in Le Mesnil le Roi for the start of the run this morning. It was a fairly good turnout, probably due to the local triathlon that is approaching fast. Pierre-Henri, Sophie, Ralf, Louise, Nick and Emmanuel were all there when Laurence and I turned up with Henry on the bike.

We set off slowly and then gradually Nick and I sped up and soon left the others behind. We built up the pace steadily to the half-way point which we reached in 21:50. When Laurence arrived at the barrier, she stopped in some pain, suffering from a tendinitis in the groin area which she had contracted yesterday on a long run. She cut back to the start by the quickest route, while Nick and I continued through the forest to finish the 10.4 km loop in 46:42. This isn't the fastest ever time but it's up there with one of the quickest and I felt very easy all of the way round.

Looking forward to the 10 km race next Sunday. I'm not going to try and beat my record as I'm focusing on the marathon at the end of next month but I am aiming to beat F-X over the course. I saw that he managed a very respectable 1:25:31 for the half-marathon yesterday and am hoping that this will have tired him out for next week ! Time will tell.

The best news today was that we managed to convince Herny to participate regularly on Sunday and even start running the course. This would be really good news as I'm sure he has the potential to be a good runner someday.

2 comments:

Nick Wiechers said...

It didn't feel easy to me so I'm glad the time was respectable. Looking forward to the 10K race in Conflans on Sunday

James said...

I'm a bit apprehensive myself.
Worried that I won't be able to hold onto F-X.
I need to prepare myself mentally aswell as physically !!