27 September 2008

Noch laufen in Deutschland

Another run in the Motherland this morning accompanied by the low flying jets, blasting spent kerosene into the atmosphere and my lungs.

I had to get up earlier this morning, 6:30 am, due to a busier schedule today and so it was dark when I left the hotel this morning. Anybody who saw me dressed in my running kit wandering down the hotel corridors at his early hour must have thought that I'm a complete nutter - but then again, I probably am. Luckily, I only saw the guys on reception as I slipped out of the hotel and into the night.

I did the same route as yesterday but since today I knew where I was going, I was more relaxed and ran at a faster pace. It felt comfortable all of the way around and I was running at my marathon pace of 4:13 per km. I believe that I'll be able to keep this up for the 42 km so that's half of the job done.

I burnt off the Sauerkraut, 5 wurst und schweinfleisch from the previous evening that had been washed down with a large beer (so much for the metrosexual - eh Tom ?) by finishing the loop in 33:36. Lot better run than yesterday.

No comments: