25 September 2008

Morning blast

Couldn't go running with the club on Tuesday night so had to make up for this by burning off all of the excess calories with the morning run around Maisons Laffitte.

Standard 11.1 km run around the town, setting off at 6:45 so it was still completely dark on Wednesday morning. I went through the first 2k in 8:30 and so it wasn't the fastest I've ever run but this is going to be my marathon pace, so I was comfortable.

Left the park in 27:30 and then Blvd Pasteur in 35:08. So good times but just behind the PB. I pushed the last 2.8 km hard back home and finished in 46:16 or an average pace of 4:10 per km.

Good feeling all the way round and the legs had recovered after the exertions (and the figs -feel free to make some more comments !!) of Sunday.

No comments: