17 September 2008

Early morning run

Had to get up early this morning for my run as I was giving the introductory welcome to the 60 hostesses and hosts coming for training at work today for the Paris Motor Show. Just imagine - 40 of the most beautiful young girls selected to welcome visitors onto the stand and I was to stand and speak in front of them. Stressed - you bet !

To relieve all of this pent up tension inside me, and to make up for the easy session yesterday, I set out at a decent pace. 2 km in 8:21 and, once again, this set the tone for the rest of the run. It was pitch black at 6:30 this morning, so some sections down by the Seine were a little hairy as I couldn't see where I was putting my feet.

The following few kilometres passed very quickly as I was thinking about work and everything that needs to be done. Before I knew it, I was already leaving the park in 27:55. I reached the corner of Blvd Pasteur in 34:58 and knew that I was on par for a good time. 10 km in 41:59 and a good blast over the final kilometre to finish in 45:58 or 4:10 per km.

Oh, by the way, my introductory speech went well !!

No comments: