18 September 2008

Evening session

Hardest part for these evening training session with the St Germain club is actually turning up on time. I was the last to arrive again and had to run to the changing rooms to get into my kit before they locked them for the session.

Getting to know some of the runners quite well now and so I know who to pace myself against. One of the fastest during these sessions, Jean-Marc, wasn't around tonight but there were 2 others who I knew would push the pace: Francisco and Bruno. Miguel was leading the training as the club coach and it's enjoyable to have someone who knows what he's talking about. The training was a little harder tonight as it was a 3x3 minute session with 2 minutes at speed, 1 minute rest, 1 minute at speed, 1 minute rest and repeat another 2 times.

We waremed up for 30 minutes at a slow pace to begin with and then began the intervals. I just tagged onto to Bruno and we led all the intervals between us. It's really encouraging to find someone who can push you and I really enjoyed the effort.

Another 20 minutes warm-down at the end and we were back at the club. 11.3 km in all in 1:12.
The garmin shows that the intervals were run at around 18.5 km/h with a peak at 20.2 km/h ie 3:00 per km. Next time I'll use lap times to get a better indication of the speed over the intervals but the workout was hard and very rewarding. I'm upset that I'll be away next week and will miss both evening sessions. I'll make up for this on my own runs.

No comments: