31 October 2011

Recovery run

When I left the hotel in Marseille this morning for the recvoery run, I knew it would be tough. The familiar ache from the thighs and the speed that I could manage was pathetic.

I didn't force it and ran down to the old port as fast but as comfortably as I could manage. I was running at 5:05 - 5:10 pace and it felt fast enough. It was one of those days when you've accumulated so much fatigue that you just can't go any faster as your body won't let you.

I enjoyed the early morning sunshine and the relative quiet of the city as it awakes. I ran past the old port towards le Pharo palace at the end of the harbour.



















The sun was cooler than yesterday and as I ran I began to feel better about myself and the city. I ran past the Pharo and along to the Vallon des Auffes where the famous Bouillabaisse restaurants (Fonfon and l'Epuisette) are situated.
















I was running at 4:25 pace now and feeling a whole load better. I coasted back to the hotel much fresher and more relaxed than in the previous few days. A good run.

13.4 km all up in 1:01 or ana verage of 4:35 / km.

No comments: