28 October 2011

Doubling up - 6 x 300m

Another early morning run from the hotel with Bruce at 5:30 am this morning.

We ran the same route as before and then continued on up the hill towards Camberly together before he turned back and I continued on. I ended up running 13.6 km in 1:07 or an average speed of 4:56 per km. I noticed that I was feeling better despite a hevay cold and sore throat. My speed picked up to 4:30 pace when I left Bruce and carried on down the main road and back.

I was back in France in the afternoon and then managed to get out of work and to the club for the evening session. Nico was waiting for me and we had an easy schedule to run for marathon training : 6 x 300m which we ran off 100m recovery.

We ran a warm up to begin with the others and then back to the track for the session. All the others were doing a lot tougher workout for once and it was a real pleasure to finish before them and watch them suffer around the track while we were warming down.

The intervals went as follows:

57, 57, 54, 55, 54, 53

So pretty consistent and all under 1 minute which were the instructions.

10.2 km all up in 57 minutes.

No comments: