1 November 2011

3 - 2 - 1 again - Marseille style

I convinced Laurence to run with me this morning which was no mean feat. She had a day off yesterday, recovering following Sunday's race but after my lovely run yesterday morning, I wanted to show her the nicer side of Marseill down by the coastline and the scenery towards the calenques.

We ran slowly through town while we both warmed up and then I left Laurence at the end of the harbour to run my intervals as programmed in the marathon training. I was running my 3km, 2km, 1km off 3 minutes then 2 minutes recovery and I was targetting the same times as last week (11:30, 7:30 and 3:30)

The intervals went as follows:

3:39, 3:50, 3:42 = 11:11
3:32, 3:48 = 7:20
3:33

So I wasn't quite as quick as last week but I ran the final interval better and was more consistent overall.

I caught Laurence back up along the Prado and we ran back together.


16.9 km all up in 1:23 or an average pace of 4:56 / km.

No comments: