14 October 2011

Early Friday

Decided to run Saturday's run one day early on Friday and give myself a chance to recover before running a 10km race on Sunday at Vélizy. Why bother doing a 10km race when I'm training for a marathon ? Tough question this one, but since I'm feeling so good at the moment, I'm positive that I can run a good time and it seems like a chance not to pass up. Besides, I'm nowhere near to completing the challenge Nick set me a few months back so I need a few races under my belt to win some beer.

I set out first thing and I felt good from the start. No tired legs or other excuses this morning, just some good old recovery running at a sustained pace.I didn't need to look at the Garmin to know that I was running around 4:30 pace after a few kilometres. IT was one of those days when running is just the perfect sport. You feel good about your body, your performance, the weather, even life in general! I just enjoyed the feeling and let myself go, not worrying about splits, times or anything else.

I noticed that as I ran through Maisons Laffitte park that there were a good deal of runners out and about, even at this time in the morning. I chased a few down the path, catching them and passing at speed. The acceleration tested the legs but they felt good with a little bit of effort applied and the overall sensation was positive. The weather helped with a clear but cooler morning with the temperature hanging around the 9°C mark.

12.9 km all up in 56:18 or 4:23 per km. Looking forward to Sunday now and to set a new benchmark.

No comments: