26 October 2011

Recovery run

I went running with a new British colleague, who like me, takes his running kit with him whenever he's on the road. We don't have exactly the same pace but it's nice to be able to run with somebody and to chat and relax. We had arranged the previous night that we would meet up at 5:15am to run as he had a telephone conference at 7:00am. I must be mad...

So there we were at 5:15am in the pitch black off for our run and it was really pleasant. We basically looped around the roads around the outside of the hotel grounds looking for a way to run a complete circuit. Unfortunately, there isn't a way through the hotel at the back and we had to run the same way back as we set out. By the time we got back, we'd covered 7.4km so I headed back out by myself while Bruce went and got ready for his call.

This time, I headed back up to where I'd done my interval training the day before and carried on this time into Camberly. The amount of traffic along this road is considerable even at this early time in the morning. I have to admit that it brought back memories of life in England and I don't think that I'm ready to go back for a long stretch.

I managed to relax now and stretch my legs a little, testing my achilles which had been hurting slightly the day before after the intervals. Today there was nothing and everything seems to have sorted itself out which was encouraging.

14.1km all up in 1:12 or an average pace of 5:08/km. The second half of the run was run at 4:45 pace so still slow for a recovery.

No comments: