10 October 2011

Easy Monday

This was a run that I was looking forward too. There are several of these runs dotted here and there throughout the week and in the words of the rock goddess Tina Turner, they are simply the best. I was particularly happy about this one as it meant that I could finally recover from Saturday and Sunday's run, which I have to admit weren't exactly easy.

The marathon plan stated 1 hour at 80% max HR, but I was having none of that. I had converted all of these 80% runs into recovery runs. I have always done this in the past and it seems to have worked so far so I wasn't going to change anything now. I planned my usual extended route around town with an extra loop in the park to add on a couple of kilometres.

As soon as I left, I knew it was going to be hard. I had absolutely nothing left in my legs: my thighs were sore, no energy, no juice, no oomph; nada! I plodded.

I often think about my blog as I run and wonder what I'm going to write about. It was easy today. I was plodding. Incapable of managing anything faster than a plod, I satisfied myself with this feat and plodded my way around 13 km.

Weather is still warm which meant that even my plod left me completely drenched in sweat.

12.8 km in 59:35 or ana average pace of 4:40 - quite reasonable for a plod.

No comments: