12 October 2011

Recovery - of sorts

After doubling up on Tuesday and taking it easy on Tuesday evening, I thought it would be easy to go out and run on Wednesday morning and that I wouldn't feel the tiredness. How wrong I was.

The thinking was that if I did my recovery run on Tuesday evening that the following mroning I would have flushed the tiredness from my legs, I would regain the jump in my step and that I'd be feeling far, far better. I knew as I limped down the stairs and my right knee nearly buckled under me that this wouldn't be the case. It was too late now, I was up and out of bed and I had a plan to stick to. I had to get my run in.

This was the hardest session this week. I'm tired and suffering from sleep deprivation. I could easily have stayed in bed but here I was pulling on my New Balance ready to face the mild autumnal weather waiting for me outside in the dark. I set off down the road and I was really plodding. Sometimes I have to run with work shoes on in the street and I feel like stopping after 50 metres as it somehow feels a lot harder than running with trainers on. Well, I felt exactly the same this morning but I had trainers on already. It was a real effort and from a slwo start, it didn't get much better.

Let's cut this short: I got out. It was hard but I made it round.

12.8 km in just under the hour at an average pace of 4:39 / km.

No comments: