19 October 2011

Wednesday tempo

Well this wasn't really a tempo as the marathon training plan for Wednesday is always the same: 1 hour to 1h15 of easy running.

AS soon as I left the house and began to run I could feel a whole load of energy surge through my body. It was fantastic and I wasn't going to waste it dawdling through the streets at 12 km/h. Mind you, since I never run at 12 km/h there wasnt much chance of this happening, but you never know. I wasn't going to start now in any case.

I ran the first kilometre in 4:28 and this was my slowest as I warmed up. From then on I hit the accelerator and just bounded away. I ran 4:21 on average at the beginning and then after I arrived in the park and the soft gravel track beside the road down towards the castle in Maisons Laffitte, I sped up to 4:10 pace and then stayed there for the remainder of the run. 3:47 pace down the hill towards home and the last stretch to the drive.

12.8 km all up in 54:58 or an average pace of 4:17 per km. It felt very easy and I'm in a real purple patch at the moment. Let's just hope that it lasts until Florence and the marathon.

No comments: