11 January 2012

Wednesday recovery

I seriously wondered whether to get out of bed or not this morning when the alarm rang. I told myself to stop asking existential questions and put on my kit and ran outside. A recovery run was on the cards after last night's blitz around the track and I was just going out to enjoy myself and let my legs release the toxins.

I was so tired and taking it so easy that I wasn't really aware of what was going on around me until the 4th kilometre. I caught a glimpse of my garmin here and saw 4:24 which cheered me up no end and I picked up a little pace heading into the park at Maisons Laffitte. I ran down towards the castle and spotted Wilfried heading in the opposite direction. A quick shout to him and I carried on. Strange to meet fellow runners in the same spot at 6:30am fitting their runs in before work. When I turned back up Avenue Albine, he crossed over to me to get Nico's details for a lift in to the x-country championship on Sunday. As he's not in the same race as me, I passed them on.

I was running back through Maisons Laffitte, when I was spoken to by a middle aged guy waiting for the bus. He asked if I was Nicolas Canteloup, a well known French impersonator, and I was so taken aback that I replied no. I regretted this afterwards, thinking that if I'd said yes, the guy would probably have gone on about it all day to his friends and colleagues. I'll be better prepared tomorrow to make a snappy reply. It's hard to be quick-witted and reactive at this time in the morning.

12.8 km all up in 55:36 or an average pace of 4:21 per km.

James
Nicolas Canteloup

6 comments:

Tim said...

Hey Jimmy James, Thought you looked more like Patrick Stewart myself :)

James said...

Thanks Tim but he's more your age than mine !

Tim said...

You keeping secrets as well young Jimmy James, little bird tells me you are celebrating a milestone today........... 50th Birthday is it ? you should have told us, the HuRTS boys would have sent a cake over to you :)

James said...

It's not too late mate. A nice coffee cake would go down a treat over here. Oh, and by the way, I'm not a V2 (50-60 category) yet (I might win more podiums when I get there though)

dad said...

Maybe you are Nicholas Canteloup impersonating you. Or maybe there is no Nicholas Canteloup and no Jimmy James. Perhaps you are both Dick Emery

Happy Birthday for yesterday

GAJS

Unknown said...

I thought Nicolas Canteloup was Zinedine Zidane. You're definitely Prince Charles.