28 January 2012

Corra easy

I persuaded Nico out of running with the others for their gentle jog on the Saturday, prior to the next round of the cross-country championships in Montesson on Sunday. My main worry was not to run with other members of the club, but to continue to put in the kilometres as I knew that the race on Sunday would limit my Sunday run to 14 - 15 km at most.

We set off easily and, as is our wont, we gradually accelerated until we finally reached 4:08 pace. I called stop at this point and told Nico that we had to slow down. If we maintained this pace then we would be severely compromising our chances of success in the cross-country championships tomorrow. We slowed to around 4:20 pace and managed to keep this pace fairly steady for the next few kilometres.

We were comfortable all of the way round and my legs felt fine despite the efforts from the previous 2 days. My breathing was easy and we were able to chat freely as we ran. Nico had to stop for a 'Paula' on the way back up to Pavillon de la Muette and although I jogged on at 5:00/km pace for the next 2 kilometres, we still finished the loop in 1:07 which was very respectable.

14.8km all up in 1:07 or an average of 4:34/km. Not bad for an easy warm-up before the race tomorrow.

No comments: