2 January 2012

Monday morning

Back to the real world after a lovely weekend welcoming in the New Year with Laurence. She started the year on her best foot by leaping out of bed yesterday and going for an early morning run. Ok, so it was 10:15 but on New Year's day that qualifies as early morning for me. I preferred to stay in bed and read and despite all of my good intentions, I never actually made it out to run yesterday.

To redeem myself and my honour, I got up early this morning and went for a run around town. I didn't push the pace and just enjoyed the feeling of being outside. A quick glimpse of my watch at the roundabout and I saw that it showed 18:xx. So no records on the cards there and I just hoped that I was running under 4:30 pace. It was only when I looked at the watch after the run that I saw how regularly I'd been running. After an initial start at 4:30 pace, I quickly settled into a 4:18 - 4:20 pace from kilometre 3 until the end, speeding up over the last kilometre to finish in 55:15.

55:15 all up for 12.8km or an average pace of 4:19.

I'm currently negotiating the photographic rights for a world exclusive in tomorrow's edition of the blog with Nico in flowery pink running shorts. Rumours are that his mariage is just a cover and that he's actually a reporter with Pink TV. Photo shows him apparently negotiating his new salary with the TV channel following his latest exclusive on Michou's cabaret in Paris where he's a regular visitor.

Michou - close friend of Nico and owner of cabaret in Paris.

2 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Happy New Year James! Yes nice start hope you build on it and get a nice roll on!

Nicolas said...

Wearing flowery pink running shorts is part of the English naturalization process. But it's the esay part, I still have to work on being more perfidious, fat, cheater... and of course to reduce my running speed and become a slower runner.