21 January 2012

Corra

Nico texted me to see if I was interested in a run to Corra and back. Of course I was interested, it was only the pace of the run that concerned me. I was entered for the 10km race in Paris XIV the following day and I didn't want to blow my chances of running a personal best by training to hard with Nico to Corra and back.

We ran easily and set off at below 12 km/h only to quicken our pace steadily kilometre after kilometre. By Corra we were running at 4:30 pace and this remained the case until we reached back into town and accelerated once again through the streets of Le Mesnil to 4:15 pace to end the run.

Nico refused the offer of a cup of tea at the end of the run, pretexting that he had lots of work to do in sorting out a bathroom in a flat of his. I found out later that he actually rushed off to play tennis and didn't do any DIY at all.

14.8 km in 1:07 at an average pace of 4:33 / km.

No comments: