6 January 2012

Recovery run

After last night's efforts on the track, it was a real relief to get out early this morning and just take it easy. I was dead tired and my right knee was playing up to begin with but after a few kilometres in the cold and dark, I began to feel a whole lot better.

It was mechanical, hearing the alarm go and getting out of bed to go for the run. Thank god it was mechanical moreover, because if I had to think about it, I pobably would never have managed. It was a brisk 5°C outside but the wind had dropped and it was dry. The first few kilometres were easy and then I dozed off and woke up around the 6th kilometre. I enjoyed the easy pace and the lack of effort that was necessary. As I was short for time and needed to get into work quickly I cut out the loop around Maisons Laffite park and ran my old 10km route.

10.3 km in 46:07 or an average pace of 4:28. I'm impressed by my improvement when I remember how I struggled to run this pace back in March 2011 after injury and the ease of today's run.

Now for all of those who've been waiting, here's the photo of Nico in his flowery shorts. It's taken some time to negotiate the photgraphic rights for this image but I'm sure you'll all agree that the wait's been worthwhile.


Nico talking to his Pink TV editor trying to negotiate an exclusive on his friend Michou. Love the shorts Nico!

3 comments:

Gérald said...

I like this photo of Nico shorts !!! Beautiful James !

Nicolas said...

Sad to see that you can't even rely on your own brother... The picture is an obvious fake.

James said...

If the picture's a fake, why do you accuse your brother ?
Lack of logic Sherlock !