17 January 2012

Club session catch up

I skipped Monday training as I was travelling and had to leave early - too early to fit a run in and too late arriving back to go out in the evening. So I was determined to get to the club session on Tuesday evening as I knew that Thursday would be compromised as well. I very well almost didn't make it either. Heavy traffic conspired against me and I turned up 5 minutes late in time to see the others running out of the gate and Nico shouting that they were heading to Poissy.

Jean-Claude saved my bacon by letting me into the changing rooms and I was joined by another late-comer as Nabil turned up 30 seconds after me. We left together and headed off in chase of the group who were only doing a recovery run down to Poissy and back.

I know this run and the route well so I pushed the pace from the start with Nabil in tow in order to catch them. So much for a recvoery run as our first kilometres went as follows: 5:06, 4:05, 3:48, 3:35. The last 2km were with Anis as he'd been looking for Nabil to run with. We caught up the group in Poissy and I spoke with Gérald, Nico, Fred, Ephrem, Simon and Delphine. Plenty of discussion about a new female member of the club who has turned a few heads amongst the men and caused the other women runners to bitch about her behind her back. You'll never change the nature of women. Nico promised to point her out to me but it was Ephrem who was most taken by her looks. We told him that he wasn't fast or young enough and he then pointed out the advantages of running behind the ladies, especially clad in leggings. No wonder he's not motivated to improve.

Left Poissy with Nico and Simon and ran back at a decent clip before being caught by Anis and we then accelerated away again. 3:55 then 3:48 back up the slight uphill. Back at the track and I ran a few 400m intervals with Laurence, Sandra and Katia as they trained for the forthcoming 10km race, "discussing" the new female runner as they went round. Incorrigible! I couldn't believe the language that such educated women could stoop to.

14km all up in 1:08. A good session and some great chats.

No comments: