23 January 2011

Injured

Well it's confirmed : a peritendonitis of the achilles. The whole area is swollen and inflamed and very sore to touch. I'm upset as I had confirmation from the club that they'd managed to get me a place in the next round of the x-country championship and now this has happened.

Don't know when I'll be able to run again. It means at least a week off while the swelling goes down and it begins to mend. Will test next Saturday if I can run then and review my participation in the race for next Sunday.

Bum, bum, bum - just when I began to feel good about my performance again.

5 comments:

David said...

Sorry to hear about the injury, it is probably a two week minimum break, but you'll be back to fitness quicker than you think. Don't think the race would be a good idea dissapointing as that might be.

James said...

Thanks for the advice Dave. I suspected that it might take longer to heal than a week but I was just trying to keep my hopes up! Dashed ...!

Unknown said...

Dad's also picked up a bit of achilles tendinopathy, so that's the trifecta.

delphine said...

Dear James, I am sorry to hear that you're injured. I hope this will be a good opportunity to get a good rest and come back even stronger than before; Then you can show our friend Nico who's the strongest guy ;-) I'll miss reading about your adventures on this blog though ... Will you come and support us on Sunday ?

Nicolas said...

Hi James, do you feel better?
Will you run tomorrow?
Hope to see you in good shape for next week...