4 January 2011

24 x 200m intervals

Made it to the club session and there was a good turnout : Nico, Gérald, Bruno, Jean-Marc, Romain, José and the surprise return of Régis (Crossman!). Laurence was well acompanied with the women too: Pascales (E and A), Anne, Delphine, Christelle, Aude amongst others.

The programme for the evening, announced by Miguel, was 3 blocks of 8 x 200m off 100m recovery and 300m between blocks. We ran our warm-up around St Germain, chatting with Régis, who has only just come back from a back injury to be able to run again after 6 months, and so won't be running races for a little while yet. On arrival back at the track, we ran a few straight lines before getting down to business. I knew I wasn't capable of leading and I tucked in behind Jean-Marc, Nico and Romain on the first series, before Jean-Marc dropped behind me on the second series (returning from injury too) and finishing in the same configuration at the end.

The splits were as follows:

36, 38, 38, 38, 38, 38, 37, 37
37, 37, 37, 37, 38, 38, 38, 38
38, 37, 38, 38, 38, 38, 38, 37

So I was very constant and my recovery times were constant too at around 40 seconds from the beginning to the end.

Really pleased with the session as it shows my shape as being pretty good when I compare these times to where I should be in terms of VO max performance.

Laurence ran with Pascale around the track and she looked good too, churning out 2 blocks of 8 x 200m intervals at around 43 -44 second pace. A little more race practise and she'll soon be flying.

15km all up in 1:20.

No comments: