13 January 2011

Early start for a birthday

Birthdays are days when you look after yourself. Days when you pamper yourself and relax, take it easy and let others do the chores for you (I can already hear Laurence telling me that this isn't just for birthdays - it's every day ;) ). Anyway, birthdays are not supposed to be made for getting up at 6:00 am and going for a run. So why did I ?

Obtuse, masochistic, and determined are the first 3 words that spring to mind. Fool is the 4th. It was a pleasant surprise to leave the house and find that the temperature was actually quite warm,: a very mild 12°C in fact. I rand around my usual route by the river and through the park at a comfortable pace around 4:45 per km. Sylive was in the park running her intervals at 6:25 this morning, complaining that she felt tired. Frankly, I felt tired just looking at her do the session, let alone try this myself.

12 km all up in 55 minutes or an average of 4:41 per km. Felt pretty good once I'd warmed up in the legs and the stiffness had disappeared.

3 comments:

Gérald said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES !!!
Your present will be for sunday with the cross ;)

Nicolas said...

Happy 55th James

James said...

Thanks guys for your thoughts and wishes. I'm very touched!