18 January 2011

Back on my feet

Felt better last night after a couple of days of stomach gurglings and severe threatenings of a full-blown attack of the squits. I set the alarm for 6:00am and concentrated all my thoughts on getting back out onto the road and building up the mileage again.

It was a mild morning as winter had disappeared as quickly as it arrived and although it is only mid-January, it feels as though spring is already upon us. The first pleasant surprise was the lack of rain and the warm(ish) temperature, and the second was how good my legs felt to be out again. They felt rested and full of energy so I just enjoyed myself and ran faster than usual to test them out.

After the first kilometre in 4:49, I accelerated and managed the next kilometres at around 4:25 pace and then stabilised at this speed before another acceleration towards the end to finish at close to 4:00 pace.

10.3km all up in 45:38 or an average of 4:25 per km. Great feeling and hopefully I'll be able to get out tonight too to see what's going on at the club.

No comments: