16 January 2011

Easy run

Went out for a pre-race easy run with Nico yesterday prior to the cross-country races today. I managed to persuade Nico to postpone his jog for an hour so that we could run together.

He'd planned a 45 minute jog at 12km/h with 5 series of 30/30 in the middle, so we headed out into the forest and ran up to the pond, 'La mare aux Cannes'. It was a good morning, not too cold as the temperature was around 10°C. Nice run, good chat and then the series of 5 accelerations and I managed to keep up with Nico (I was sprinting whereas he was just coasting fast!).

Got back in 48 minutes and ran just under 10k so it was ideal.

Unfortunately, the day went pear-shaped after that and I felt awful in the afternoon with a dodgy belly. A bad night's sleep and I had to recognise that I was in no fit shape to race the cross-country this morning. I went along just to see the veteran's race and to show my support. Eric, Bruno W, José, Thierry, Nick B, Yves, Charles, Gérard and Adrian all took part and ran good races. A very fast course with almost no mud and few real difficulties. I would have found it hard to beat Thierry over that terrain.

2 comments:

Nicolas said...

And the winner of the big girls blouse 2k11 contest isssssssssssssss:
James!!!!!!!!
By the way you also won the contest of the worst excuse! Congrat!!!
At least I hope you filled in the form to get a second chance in Antony. All races are in the afternoon and I so could watch your fight with Tierry!

James said...

Watch your language mate or you could find me using the suppress comments button ...
Me - big girl's blouse ? Never!
I'd like to see you run with diarrhoea. The only place I was running to was the toilet!