1 November 2010

Wednesday jog

I couldn't resist the temptation to go out for a run during the week. After the marathon you're supposed to rest and recover before you begin training again but the frustration of not going running at all is just too great. I couldn't contain myself any longer and went for an easy jog first thing in the morning just to see how the body was faring.

I really did take it easy this morning and just let myself feel good about being back outside again and enjoying the early morning feeling of running around town. I could feel the tension in my leg muscles, mostly my thighs, from the start and decided that I would be foolish to do the usual distance of around 10k but cut it short and ran the route I used to do when I first started training seriously.

I checked the Garmin after the first kilometre: 5:15 - this was perfect and then didn't look at it again but just relaxed and enjoyed the sensations.

7.6 km all up in 40:42 or 5:18 per km ! This was most certainly an easy run but I don't think that I could have managed any harder. Legs were stiff and tired and the muscle aches in the thigh are still very present.

No comments: