21 November 2010

Sunday training

A relaxing training session today. Turned up at the club with Laurence and planned to do either the 1:20 session with 20 minutes at threshold or the 1:45 session with 2x10 minutes threshold. 2 radically different choices now which one would I chose?

It was a muddy, wet, dismal morning and Laurence and I both felt tired after going out last night. It was already a challenge to get out of bed and to get to the club for 9:00am. My legs were tired, my soles were aching after running in trail shoes yesterday and I didn't want to do anything strenuous. I told Laurence that I would run with her, but from the start she headed off to the front so I spent time chatting to Bruno about marathons and to Nico about everything else.

We ran through the forest in the direction of Cora, but I was content just to follow the crowd. When the first group, supposedly the easy group, took off for the start of their 2x10 minute intervals, I set off in pursuit, worried that Michel would lose them all in the forest. I checked with Jean-Claude where we were supposed to be going and then ran to the front and alongside Pascale and Christelle. We managed to run the 2 intervals and it was mostly uneventful, I was just happy to coast along at about 4:35 pace. Laurence was running well and was just behind the leaders. We finished the intervals and since we still had another half hour to run, Laurence, Pascale and I headed off on another small loop around the 'Mare des Canes' before heading back to the club.

17km all up in 1:40. Relaxing run.

No comments: