23 November 2010

Wot no intervals

Still taking it easy. The strain from work is taking its toll and it's extremely hard to get out of bed in the morning after 6 hours of sleep again.

The good news is that yesterday I had too much work to stop for lunch so when I got on the scales this morning, I weighed in at a spritely 74.8kg. However, due to the fatigue, I haven't been able to make the most of this small weight loss and I struggled around this morning at a very leisurely pace.

I'd run 6km again before I even imagined running a little faster and I moved up a gear from 4:45 pace to 4:35 pace before dropping back down again after a couple of kilometres effort. Thighs are still aching and right knee is playing up which isn't helping things. The only real solution is a couple weeks of rest and recuperation on a nice sandy beach somewhere. Since this isn't going to happen in the short term, I'll just keep plodding on and thinking about my alter ego somewhere in the multiverse, training for my next sub 2:30 marathon ! I've been reading a book lent to me by Nick called the fabric of reality, and it's inspired me (somewhere in the multiverse).

Thoughts to Nick who's struggling to get rid of his back problems - best of luck mate.

10.3km all up in 46:47. No great chills.

2 comments:

delphine said...

Hi James, here's some splendid gossip to cheer yo uup ! There was a WHOLE bunch of guys runnning after me last Sunday for "La Route des 4 Chateaux". Weather conditions were difficult with rain and slippery paths. The rest of the story is a little disappointing ... The guys must have remained impervious to my muddy charms ;-) Except for Thierry who didn't even look at me (he was too busy running), none of the guys from the club caught up with me. I have to admit I was actuallty very proud ...

James said...

Excellent news Delphine - I must imagine that it must have been very exciting to have almost 2000 men running after you. Very disappointed that Thierry didn't stop to chat with you or even accompany you to the finish - that would have been chivalrous. Glad you enjoyed the race despite the weather. That race goes through some really lovely countryside - definitely a better quality of mud overall !