27 November 2010

Early morning run

I allowed myself the luxury of lying in bed for an extra 45 minutes Friday morning before getting up to go for my usual early morning run. This week at work has been even more hectic than usual and I had to be at work early Thursday and then left late so Friday morning was my only alternative.

The fact that I hadn't been running for 3 days, plus the 45 minutes extra sleep, showed in my starting pace. Although I was wrapped up with as many layers of clothing was feasibly possible whilst still permitting movement to the legs and arms, I set out quickly probably to avoid freezing solid within 5 minutes. It was pretty cold and every breath sent a blast of icy air into my lungs. But, I was happy to be out, relieved to be able to stretch my legs after what felt like an eternity being cooped up in an office.

So first km in 4:21 then second in 4:20. I eased up after this and ran the next few between 4:30 and 4:35. Again, I felt a weight coming off my shoulders after the 6th kilometre and I really enjoyed the run home, thinking about all and nothing, daydreaming as I ran.

10.3km all up in 46:26 or 4:28 per km on average.

I was asked today by some French friends about the meaning of 'Wot'. I've added the cartoon caption below featuring Kilroy and his famous 'Wot no .....' whatever was appropriate depending on where the graffiti had been written.

If you want any more information, I suggest that you look here.



No comments: