10 November 2010

Running in the dark

Early morning, half asleep but the first few steps are convincing enough as I seem to have plenty of energy and the pace is good. I manage a couple of kilometres like this before I ease off on the third and then gradually build up the pace again until the end.

This was really a sort of personal fartlek session where I went out fast, eased and then built it up again, finishing at just under 4:00 per km pace. I was enjoying myself so I added in an extra loop in the park at Maisons Laffitte. I spotted a couple of other runners out there both looking serious. Let's face it, you have to be serious to be running round town mid-Autumn at 6:00am in the morning.

11.8km all up in 52:38 or 4:26 per km.

Congratulations to Tom in coming 3rd in the JP Morgan challenge in Sydney - fantastic result. Proud to be known as his brother (OK make the most of it - this won't last long!)
Looking forward to Saturday's race and seeing Nick out running again, even if he won't be racing hard.
Might take up Nico's advice and turn this into a romantic blog where I post about gossip and scandal in runners lives rather than writing about my own athletic prowess. Who knows, I might get a book deal and be able to retire early - that's at around 65 here in France now that the new law has been passed!

2 comments:

Gérald said...

Congratulations TO tom ...

Unknown said...

Awwww, thanks Jamie! One more race to do tomorrow night then I can kick back and enjoy the festive season.