14 November 2010

Sunday club session

I decided to go training with the club despite the race last night with the intention of doing a few kilometres and runnig some of the tiredness out of my legs ;o)

There was quite a large turnout but all of the fastest members were missing: Nico and Gérald were in Ermont; Jean-Marc was unaccounted for; Thierry was with family; Bruno was in Nice for the marathon. This was fine by me since it meant that I wouldn't have the habitual peer pressure to put in the extra effort for the session. The plan was to run 3x5' then 2' and 4' to finish.

I set off and chatted to Nathanael about his race doing Les Templiers. I still can't understand the motivation to run over 11 hours to do 70km of trail. From what he said it sounded more like torture than enjoyment. Anyway, after 25 minutes of warm-up we set off. Gérard was leading the session and we were running a triangle in the forest close to Le Mesnil.

I set off in the lead to set the pace, running the first 5 minutes at 15km/h almost exactly. 2 minutes recovery and we set off again. I slowed a little over the session as I began to feel the race in my legs. So much for running off the tiredness ...

I managed to stay in front for all of the intervals despite being pushed by Jean-François closely on the last one.

Had a chat with Delphine and Christelle at the end. Apparently Delphine worked hard during the intervals but didn't catch up on any gossip. Most disappointing!

12.2 km all up in 1:10. Have to fix my next objectives now but most likely to be the 10km at Houilles at the end of the year. Will try and convince Nico to take part to so that we can decide our head to head of the year. Congratulations to him in setting a new PB for the 10k at Ermont (37:09). Gérald still managed to beat him but it's getting closer.

No comments: