10 January 2010

Cora with Nick

Andy, where are you ?

He didn't answer our call to go running this Saturday and I fear the worse: a bad case of New Year's blues where running is playing second fiddle to mountain biking. Whatever the excuse, Andy wasn't available for the Cora run so Nick and I went out by ourselves around the 15km loop through the forest next to Maisons Laffitte.

There's nothing lke a good run to Cora to recharge the batteries and to improve my motivation and this Saturday was no exception. Nick and I had a good chat and the time seemed to pass by really quickly. It was beautiful in the forest with the cold and there were no other runners around. We headed out to Cora at a good pace, gradually speeding up to 4:27 per km before we eased off around the lake and then headed back up the hill to Pavillon de la Muette.

I got back feeling fresh and looking forward to the weekend. I managed to get some wife credits by buying the croissants for breakfast before Laurence got back from her run too. Good start to the weekend.

15 km in 1:12 or an average of 4:48 per km. Total mileage for the week amounts to 61km.

No comments: