3 January 2010

Club session

It had been a long time since I'd last been out with the club. I thought that this would be an ideal opportunity to get back out there and meet the guys. I turned up for the evening session and sure enough Nico, Fabrice, Miguel and Gérald were all there.

After a short vote, it was decided that we would do a real workout rather than just a jog for the evening. Miguel told us that we would be doing 12x1 minute off 1 minute recovery. This suited me fine as I don't get the chance to do any quality speed work nowadays as I spend all my time running endurance runs. We ran out to Poissy and then began the workout: boy was this hard. Nico would set off fast and try as I might, I could never catch him or pull him back over the last few seconds. My lungs and legs were aching by the end and I was really glad to get the last one done. Each of the intervals was run at about 19km/h. I'm definitely not up to Nico's standard now over these distances, even though I was ahead of the rest. Fabrice was just spitting distance behind me, so I know that I've got to concentrate on these workouts if I want to improve over 10k this year.

A little warm down to finish and then back home. Resolution for this year is to try and get to one evening session a week with the club.

No comments: