2 January 2010

Christmas Day

Nobody goes running on Christmas Day. It's an unspoken rule. This year I broke it.

Having opened the stocking presents at the most reasonable time of 8:30am (it's so much more civilised now that the kids are growing up and don't wake up at 5:00 am on Christmas Day), I put on my running kit and went for a run before starting the Christmas lunch. Having relatives around, means that the alcohol consumption is increased and there's nothing like a run to burn off a few calories and generally give yourself a good conscience.

As a result, 13.3 km around the park and back in 57:27 or an average pace of 4:18 per km. Not bad going either.

P.S. I wasn't the only runner out in Maisons Laffitte either on this day. Aside from Laurence, I also saw at least 3 other runners out training.

No comments: