13 February 2012

Recovery run

Tried to make up for yesterday's poor performance by going on a longer recovery run than usual. Laurence runs a similar route to me to Maisons Laffitte but she runs past the horse racetrack and then turns back whereas I cut left before getting to the end. I combined the two routes to make for a longer run.

I took it easy to begin with end then gradually warmed up, speeding up in the process. I suppose I was compensating for my lousy run but everything went really well. I soon settled into a 4:20 rhythm and even faster as I punished myself for taking it easy.

Finished the course at 3:46 pace having run 14.3 km in total in a time of 1:01. Average pace of 4:19/km over the route. Laurence is so used to me coming back in 55 minutes dead that she was worried that I'd been knocked over in those extra 5 minutes that it took me to finish the run. No slacking allowed with my wife.

No comments: