3 February 2012

Cool Friday

I might have been complaining about snow earlier in the week, but this was worse. A chill wind has blown in from eastern France, straight from Siberia and temperatures have plummeted. When I left for my early morning run on Friday, it was -9°C and bloody cold.

All thoughts of intervals and other tempo runs flew out of the window. I was just going to get around the loop as quickly and as safely as I could without losing any body parts in the process. I had 3 layers on top and pants and skins for bottoms. A ski hat and a buff completed the ensemble. It took me 4 minutes longer than usual to leave as I had to put all of this extra kit on.

Not much to report once I was out. There was nobody around, not surprisingly, and I ran at a good pace after the first 3 or 4 kilometres. I finally managed to discover how to work the backlight on autolap on the Garmin which was a miracle. You need to put the light on and then lock the bezel before setting off and change the backlight setting to data entry and other. Too complicated by far and apparently it's a lot simpler on the 605 - which sounds like a good excuse to buy one.

12.8km all up in 53:39 or an average pace of 4:10 / km. Cold spell is set to stay for a while which is a pity as it's going to hamper my marathon training.

No comments: