11 February 2012

Corra

Usual route with Nico to Corra and back on this Saturday morning. I've been finding it hard to keep to the marathon training schedule with the different races programmed for every weekend at the moment and also a heavy work schedule which stops me from keeping my blog updated.

Anyway, Nico was present for our usual Saturday jaunt and we set off at an easy pace for Corra with the final (at least for us) round of the cross country in Les Mureaux forecast for the next day.

We did set off easily and reasonably enough but by the time we crossed over the road into the forest towards Corra we had accelerated again as is our wont and we were soon running our 4:10 pace. We hit kilometre 7 in 3:58 before I called it a day and told Nico to ease off. I wasn't motivated nearly enough by the final round of the cross-country without arriving at the race exhausted. Nico stopped for his usual toilet stop (it's becoming a permanent feature of our weekend runs (no pun intended) and I jooged on easily waiting for Nico to catch up.

He caught me by Pavillon de la Muette and we finished together at around 4:20 pace before the final kilometre in 3:26.

15km all up in 1:07 depsite a ocuple of kilometres run very slowly in the middle at slower than 5:00 pace.

No comments: