15 February 2012

4 x 1500m

Another early morning run to fit in my interval training. Work is such that I haven't been able to make it to any of the club sessions recently so I've missed out on running with the guys and pushing the pace. I had to skip Tuesday's run due to travel for work and so I rescheduled the intervals for this morning.

I was too tired to set the Garmin before the run and it was too early to do it before heading out. I headed out with a bit of trepidation as I don't like these intervals of 1000m or 1500m. Anyhow, there was nothing else to be done and it was part of the plan. So I kitted up and headed out.

My 1500m were a little approximative to begin with as I didn't pay attention to exactly what the mileage was when I set off for the first interval. But with this in mind, the intervals were roughly as follows:

5:49, 5:45, 5:42, 5:36

The intervals were slightly long so the pace was a bit faster than this and I wasn't too upset by the last interval which was in line with what was expected.

12.7 km all up in 55:59 or 4:24 per km.

No comments: