4 October 2010

Easy Monday

A 50 minute recovery run was planned for this morning, and I was happy that today at least I was able to follow the plan to the letter ;o)

An early morning start which saw me outside at 6:00am in relatively mild weather (16°C) and a light drizzle. The first few steps convinced me that I wouldn't be able to go hard as I could feel my thigh muscles after yesterday's run. More worrying, was the slight discomfort, pain would be too strong a word, that I was registering in both my knees.

I kept the pace easy and started the first kilometre in just under 5 minutes (4:50) and then maintained this pace all the way round. Breathing was very easy and no strain but the legs were tired. I'm looking forward to the end of this week's training and an easing of the programme over the last 2 weeks in the run up to the marathon.

Nobody was out today, the rain having put all of them off presumably, and I day-dreamed as I ran around.

10.3 km all up in 49 minutes. Good recovery.

4 comments:

Nicolas said...

You've almost made it. As you said there's only a few hard days remaining. No time for marathon + pace but you need to concentrate on what your plan is telling you. If it's marathon pace do marathon pace and not "threshold" (don't know if I can use this word???) or 10k pace...
The next two coming weeks will help you to rest and to be in perfect shape for the race.
Keep going!

Gérald said...

Il reste moins de 3 semaines avant le marathon. C'est le moment de baisser le rythme et l'intensité des entraînements.
Quand à l'allure marathon , il faut essayer de la saisir dans les 2 dernières semaines.(chose que j'ai jamais reussit à faire).
Courage james.

Unknown said...

Just man up, bro!

James said...

Can always rely on my brothers to boost me when I'm feeling down.
They're just so understanding ...