13 October 2010

Wednesday recovery run

It was a lot colder this morning than it has been lately. The temperature had dropped to 5°C on the thermometer and it was only when I'd run a few hundred metres that I thought I might actually be a little under-dressed for this sort of weather. It was too late by then and I carried on regretting my running jacket for the next 5 kilometres while I warmed up.

I felt good as soon as I started out. I had energy in my legs and this was probably the result of the speed session on the track last night. I didn't start too fast as this was supposed to be a recovery run but as I arrived in the park in Maisons Laffitte, I felt absolutely fantastic and just enjoyed myself by stretching my legs and bounding along the gravel path down towards the castle.

I started the run at 4:40 pace and gradually built up to 4:20 pace in the park before finishing downhill at 4:00 pace.

12.8 km all up in 56:30 or an average of 4:25 pace over the distance. Great run and if I feel like this in the marathon, it'll be a breeze!

No comments: