8 October 2010

Stockholm again

Wednesday morning saw me back in Stockholm again for an easy, early morning run.

Stockholm after the equinox is amazing. I was looking at the weather forecast on Swedish television, without understanding very much at all I must add, until they got to the end and showed the times of sunrise and sunset. For that Wednesday, Stockholm was losing 18 minutes of sunlight compared to the previous day. The north of Sweden was losing 24 minutes of sunlight. The last time I was there, I was rudely awoken by sun streaming in through my window at 4:30 am. This time I went running at 6:00 am and it was pitch black.

I chose my longer run in Stockholm. Since I only have 2 runs that I know well and the short one is only 7 k, I picked the longer one for my recovery run and very pleasant it was. There are loads of stairs and uphill on this run, so the recovery is perhaps not quite as complete as I could have wished but I enjoyed it nevertheless.

12km all up in 57 minutes. Very relaxing.

No comments: